Friday, January 22, 2010

Daniel Fast

So my dear hubby and I have been doing the "Daniel fast". For those of you who do not know what the Daniel fast is, it's drinking water only, and fruits, vegetables, whole grains and nuts, No caffeine, alcohol, dairy or meat. It has actually gone really well, we both have never felt better. It typically lasts 21 days, we are on day 13. The goal of the fast for me has been to cleanse not only my body, but deny it the things that my flesh craves, and allowing my spirit more room to guide me. Through this process I have found many new, healthy inexpensive, and fun things too cook.


It has also been encouraging to seek God in a way that I have never done, my faith has been wavering for quite sometime now, although I believe doubt can serve as a segway to seek God in deeper and more meaningful ways.

Here are some websites I have found helpful:

http://danielfast.wordpress.com/
http://www.hacres.com/home

Also I have been using "Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker" By Robin Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment